LED Moving message display board
Display takes quick sequence through uart and implements scrolling of the text on Light-emitting Diode Matrix display. You can easily link microcontrollers right to upgrade the string or connect to PC to deliver string to scroll. It supports various scrolling speeds.
It even supports fixed show of text without scrolling.
Structure for sending sequence really is easy and it may accept maximum of 255 characters of ASCII text. We have provided sample supply code for testing with microcontroller in addition to precisely evaluating with Computer terminal software.
- 48x8(384 LEDs) 5mm dot size LEDs in Matrix format (8 Light-emitting Diode height and 48 LED width)
- Runs at 5V (800mA max existing)
- Can connect right to microcontroller or PC through RS232/USB
- Numerous Scrolling speed supported.
- Fixed display of characters without scrolling is achievable
- Internal buffer for 255 characters show
- Sample supply code for microcontroller to brief begin your application.
You will find only three pins to use the show.
- RX-IN = Enjoy Input :
Input serial information of 3-5V logic level, frequently linked to TXD pin of microcontrollers/PC/RS232.Note: cannot link this pin to direct Computer serial interface without MAX232. It will probably damage the display since direct PC serial slot features +12V/-12V current amount.
- +5V = energy Input: Regulated 5V offer feedback. Active has got to allow you to atleast 800mA.
- GND = walk out of power supply. Needs to be typical ground with microcontroller.
- Running Votage: Regulated +5V offer required
- Running Current: 800mA Peak - When all LEDs are lit up the screen takes 800mA, therefore have a supply of that much current. If no LEDs are illuminated up the show take around 100mA.
- Communication Baud speed: here is the baud price the board takes as serial input string.
9600 – 8 little bit data – No parity – 1 stop bit – Handshaking NONE
- Serial Input, It takes Serial input baud price of 3-5V current level. Can link straight to any microcontroller TXD pins.
- Volatile Memory: The display features internal memory for 255 characters. When screen is driven down, the memory is cleared.
- LED Dots: Width are 48 LEDs across Height features 8 LEDsAll LEDs are designed on for a brief moment(1sec) during power up to test the screen
- Board measurements: 362 x 72 mm
Format for establishing string becoming scrolled on show
If you wish to set a string for scrolling it may be maximum 255 figures. The baud price of input to display is 9600 bps. The string starts with ! exclamation personality that will be marked as start of sequence idenfier. The string ends up with CR (Carriage return, '\r', 0x0D, 13 in decimal) that is acting as line supply personality or End of sequence idenfier. In between the ! and CR tend to be maximum 255 bytes ASCII sequence to-be scrolled.