Replacing downlights with LED lights
- Targeted at European market of 150 million put in CFLni lights
- Initially click-to-fit appropriate replacement without want to change EM or HF ballast
- 3x much longer lifetime than CFL and more green
Frankfurt, Germany – Philips Lighting, a Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) organization and global leader in lighting, declares the launch of the very first Light-emitting Diode retrofit range for small fluorescent lights (CFLni) widely used in downlights. Philips CorePro LED PLC builds on the very effective Philips MASTER LEDtube InstantFit and makes use of equivalent click-to-fit technology for replacing CFLni lamps that really work with existing Electro Magnetic (EM) and high-frequency (HF) ballasts. The newest lamp is going to be targeted at changing the 150 million CFLni lamps discovered across European countries and provides 60per cent energy conserving over main-stream PL-C lights.
The Philips CorePro LED PLC range could be the very first ever retrofit LED alternative to compact fluorescent lamps in down illumination programs which comes in a totally retrofit type element and offers EM and HF ballast suitable variations. Utilized for general lighting programs in workplaces, hallways, stairways, receptions and conference rooms everywhere, Philips Lighting features reimaged one of the world’s most common lamps utilized in downlights. The newest lights merely connect and play into existing accessories without the need regarding improvements into present lights. Philips CorePro LED PLC deliver energy savings to 60% and has now a very long time that is three times longer than main-stream fluorescent PL-C lights. Installation and maintenance costs are also held on minimum thanks to simple plug and play set up as well as the robust, shatterproof plastic housing. The typical pay-back time is less than couple of years.
“With almost 150 million main-stream fluorescent PL-C lamps projected to be installed in Europe alone, a primary retrofit Light-emitting Diode replacement to this popular lamp has been long-awaited. The advantages of LEDtubes are now in addition designed for LED PLC lights with a straightforward replacement of a lamp, ” stated Rowena Lee Business Leader LED Lamps at Philips Lighting.
Notes to editor
Product advantages Philips CorePro LED PLC
- The Philips CorePro LED PLC has a 3 times longer life time than CFLs (30, 000 hours) which leads to considerable upkeep cost savings. The common pay-back time is under two years.
- The Philips CorePro LED PLC enables a fast and easy lighting effects upgrade, with no need for any alterations to the current luminaires.
- Enhanced light high quality with instant illumination plus the entire eradication of this flickering of standard fluorescent lights.
- The lights have the ability to turn, being guarantee maximum lighting amounts and allowing the distribution of light to-be modified since effortlessly as you can to accommodate the existing luminaires
- The light emitted from LED lamps contains no UV or infrared element, generally there isn't any threat of the light causing fabrics or any other products to bleach or fade with time.
- The Philips CorePro LED PLC is available in standard compact fluorescent lamp lengths in 18 and 26-watt variations sufficient reason for either a two-pin or four-pin limit, which makes it suited to used in lighting applications with old-fashioned or electric ballasts and compliant with all European regulations.
- Philips CorePro LED PLC can be found today via European suppliers in hot white (3, 000 K) and normal white (4, 000 K) color temperatures.
Philips Lighting will showcase certainly pioneering illumination innovations at Light + Building 2016, the world’s leading trade fair for lighting in Frankfurt, Germany. Kindly see our stand at Messe Frankfurt, Hall 0: Forum.